Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sentimental ORANGES!!!!

Our School's only mandatory fundraiser - successfully running for 59 years.

It no longer fills me with dread.  I have the family and friends to reach the number of citrus eaters than I need.

They give us "cards" which contain contact info of previous customers and one gets me every year. The gentleman is obviously infirmed and possibly elderly.  He's been buying oranges for decades (I get their history along with their contact info) and he's adamant about supporting the school every year.  He has nurses that care for him and the house and he obviously makes it VERY known to each and every one of them to look out for my call.   They all start getting anxious at Christmas about making sure they get the call.  It's really sweet and very much appreciated.

AND I've decided I will be just like them out of gratitude for the school's contribution to my kids.  Because without them I think I would have taken to chaining the kids to furniture.  Okay maybe not.  But still.  I would be less successful by spades.

No comments:

Post a Comment