Monday, January 2, 2012

Dear Abby & Jack

I am pretty sure, considering that things fall out of my brain at constant and alarming rates that I will look back on Finn as if he was the easiest, sweetest, most serene of the three of you.  As if parenting him was like "Oh, yes, Finn - I'd forgotten about you - how glad I am that you have done all your homework for the next three years without having to be asked."

BUT let me tell you, while that is mostly true (sorry A&J), WHEN Finn decides to be difficult he is ridiculously and thoroughly difficult.  WHAT makes him so remarkably difficult when he chooses?  He has absolutely no fear of rejection.  He knows he's loved and cute and that he'd not going to get beaten.  So if we're at a stand off - he doesn't really care enough about his toys (like Jack cares) to have that be currency to get him to change his path and he doesn't have any doubts of my love and affection so me threatening to leave does nothing to him: "Otay, bye bye Momma, see you later!"

It is absolutely ridiculously difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment