Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Laugh, I say! Laugh!

I think sometimes I attribute normal things from Jack as extraordinary considering I think he has (like me) some extra sensory problems.  Not as in he's psychic, but as in everything is a bit much for him.   He loves to be loud, but when the loud is not to his liking he freaks out.  He loves to cuddle and wrestle, but touch him when he doesn't want you to, no matter how lightly, and you may as well be scratching your fingers across a chalkboard.

He does this thing right now where he'll find something funny and chuckle to himself.  Then he'll look at me (perhaps I did not find this particular thing funny, or perhaps I have finished with my mirth over it) and he orders me to, "Laugh."

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  But he'll try two things before he gives up:

a) he'll fake a giggle hoping that will inspire me (and say, "See? A laugh. Like this.)

b) he'll get dictatorial, "Mommy! Laugh! Laugh happy!"

He's VERY interested in emotions.  Taking a poll of the room (literally) asking "Finn? You happy?"  and so on.  And if we're reading a book in which Optimus Prime is described as sad Jack will race from wherever he is in the room and search the picture on the page, "Where? Where is Optimus sad?"

No comments:

Post a Comment