Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Love

This morning I looked indescribably grimy.  I probably look grimy most days at home, but this was extra eye crusty sort of grimy thanks to the fact that Finn slept naught a peaceful wink two nights ago and I'm still paying for it.  So I was laying on the couch with Finn trying to catch a few more minutes of rest while he played on the iPad and of course giving him smootches on the cheek now and then.  I had grabbed a Bumblebee fleece blanket, and at first Finn was thrilled to cuddle... with Bumblebee.  After a while he wanted to cuddle with Momma and we spent quite a while with his face pressed against my cheek while he played on the iPad and I smootched him til he was ticklish and giggly.  It was just very very sweet and loving and I looked in the mirror a little later and shook my head.  Even though I cherish my mom and know how important she is to me, I still forget how important I am to my kids.  And I must be pretty cherished to be loved this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment