Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ring, Ring...

We decided to nix the house phone.  Megan Scheidler thought we were very modern for doing this.  I let her believe that, but... no... that's not really it.

Mostly we are just afraid of our mortgage.  We've done the numbers a dozen times.  The bank did the numbers 600 times.  Still... we are paranoid of an extra expense.  Must cut out all extra expenses.

But, more than that, I've realized that we only ever used our house phone to call our cell phones in order to locate them.  Which shows you both why the house phone was necessary and not at all necessary.  Obviously since I used the house phone a lot - that means I lost my cell phone a lot.  SO, I've got to stop that.

Oddly enough, despite the fact that we have our iphones attached to our hands and brains every other moment of the day - we are not that great at having our phones handy when someone might call.  I'm not sure how that works.  But I spend a lot of time trying to get three stars on every angry bird level out there, and yet - the ONE time I have the phone somewhere random someone calls.

And then they tried the house phone.  And now there is no longer that option.  So... yes.  Must stop losing iphone.

Chances are if I am not attached to my iphone I am attached to my computer.  So your new 2nd step should be to email.

By the way, my mom also only has a cell.  This has much probability of comical error.

Signed,
thoroughly modern us

No comments:

Post a Comment