Thursday, October 25, 2012

Epic Post of Homelessness



The day that started it all.  Abby's art in her first art show.  I was so proud.  Steve had the boys and had asked me to go see a house 1101 E. Altadena Dr.  I didn't want to.  We had just had a big discussion about NOT moving for a while.  But I was feeling carefree and went.  That house - the way I saw it that day was perfect.  The realtor conceded without being asked that they were over priced and she was sure her client understood the true value of her home.  I called Steve and that was the start.

We enjoyed the first days of summer at Zoozy and Grandpa's house where the outdoors was just a hop skip and a jump away.




 I smashed my contact lens the first day the house was supposed to be shown.  We went to Coronado for July 4th weekend and stayed long because we had nowhere else to be.






Pastor Greg was covering Exodus during the summer - made us feel very much at home in our wanderings.  As did the fact that Aaron & Megan were also displaced as they moved into their Topanga Cyn home.  Ryley and the cousins bonded.




We went to birthday parties. I went to Washington DC twice.










Steve and I attended the Regional Emmy's - this time in Kentucky



It was a bit of a disaster but we were happy together and happy to go home.



we ate ice cream and went to the church's Road Trip children's ministry events




We spent a lot of time together since Abby wasn't involved in any official activities for Summer for the first time since she was three.





We conquered fears of haircuts and pools and bathtubs


 Finn loved Bronx the same as always

AND...



There were A LOT of naps. I'm not sure why.  I think the kids were just plain emotionally exhausted.









Everyone had their first days back to school



Daddy went out of town and everyone missed him so much they wore his shirts to bed.



And we took Abby to a GRAND Disneyland 9th birthday adventure in which the boys fell in love with Carsland.



Halloween is up next... then life and Thanksgiving... and the big question... will we be in a new house by Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment