Monday, April 16, 2012

Who do you Think you Are?

There's a show on TV called Who do you Think You are? where celebrities get their ancestry done. Shockingly enough, Ancestry.com seems to be quite a sponsor.  Anyway I love it (mostly).  Steve hates is (he doesn't care about celebrities, what makes their ancestry special, etc etc).

BUT I decided somehow, someday, if the internet hasn't died due to nuclear war or the horses of the apocalypse aren't riding around spreading the last days of the earth, that my great great grands will most likely find this blog.  (Hint to great great grandchildren - there is a much more wordy blog at burntfudge.blogspot.com).

We ALL know ancestry research will be and will continue to be very different in the future.  The first time I heard that kind of talk it was about pictures - we just take so many more pictures.  And that was BEFORE digital photography took hold someone was talking about that.  So obviously we have facebook with constant glimpses into ancestors lives... if... hmmm, I suppose they close accounts eventually huh?  Well I'm sure SOMEONE has thought of the idea of preserving history to get money out of relatives later to see my every facebook whine.  (I actually think thats awesome, I'm not sure why I'm making it sound awful.  It would be awful to lose that history I think)

Anyway, the idea that somewhere down the line my kids, grandkids etc will eventually inherit my fascination with all things history - in particular people, in particular my own people.  And WOW will they have some material to look thru.  Not that different from finding an ancestor's diary, but still - I think its going to be cool.

So cutee great great grandkids, how are you?  I love you ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment