Monday, April 16, 2012

Stories

Stories hit me so much harder than life.  Or so much more straight to the gut.  Don't get me wrong, i'm present with my family, but when they are asleep or off on some adventure its just me and the world, give me a story anyday and please don't break my heart with it!

Re-reading a lot of the novels from my beginnings in being a book addict, with older eyes and somewhat different priorities.  All I cared about that I was conscious of in reading at the time were the characters and the love story.  Now, character is doubly important and the love story is seen with different eyes.  That said, while I'm happily discovering some that I passed on when I was a kid with delight, I'm impressed with how I'm still basically drawn to the same stories as I was as a kid.  I didn't know why one appealed over the other - back then I liked when the heroine was in danger and the hero saved the day.  Now I'm not so feminist minded that I don't appreciate a good moment, but I find the plots with more stolen looks, fingertips brushed much more romantic.  But... you know, I loved those most when I was a kid too, i just WISHED they would have thrown in a little white knight moment.  ;)

Kindle for iPad is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment