Wednesday, September 6, 2017

To Finn

I am concerned that you and (to a lesser degree Jack who has an extra 22 months of documentation) will look back on my billions of words in blogs and feel that I lost interest in your growing years or documenting you as completely as I did Abby's first 7 years.

Of course, if you have access to my Facebook posts you'll know that's not true at all.

What changed wasn't my interest with you kids and how you grew, it was just the way social media took off.  It's much easier to share quick hilarious or poignant moments on FB, Instagram, or wherever than it is to expand on it in a blog.

Also, I theorize that because of this idea of capturing thoughts wittily and concisely it became a sign of a self centered person to make all the little molehills of daily life into mountains.

So on the off chance that you have changed entirely from who you have ALWAYS been (someone completely and totally confident in my love for him) - just know: I love you and am completely obsessed with how adorable you and your siblings are - even as you all grow up.

Today you said, on the way home from school "Mom-om-om  sometime this week-eek-eek, can I be alone outside-ide... with THE LORD?"





No comments:

Post a Comment