Friday, November 30, 2012

Ultimately

I think it's clear by now that I experience life through taking pictures of it.

It has to be admitted that there is a selfish, peevish part of me that resents that I have captured all these great moments and that few have been captured with me in them - at least not in a way that I seem to be able to appreciate.

But ultimately, at the end of the day, I want my kids and my kids kids etc to see and understand that I am in those pictures.   As I keep preaching - the way you look at me is the way that you show up in the photo.  So when you see pictures that I have taken, and the people in those pictures are portraying some sort of joy - then that's me too.  I am either making them laugh or sharing in the same joke.

So ... I'm there.  I'm represented.  Even if I'm not.

1 comment: